Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 April 2012

THE BUTTOCKS AND THE DRUM...

Hi everyone,

It is such a beautiful evening. I love when the weather is so somnolent. It gives me an opportunity to daydream...there is no power supply, and for the first time in forever, I actually don't mind. This weather calms me, I almost feel like I can fly! *laughs*

I got the inspiration to write this poem three hours ago! I immediately started tying furiously on my phone. I am sure some of us who write understand the rush you get when a new idea pops in your head...it can be likened to the feelings you experience when you fall in love for the first time...I guess...

Anyway, I hope you get the same feeling as you read this!!!

Enjoy!

THE BUTTOCKS AND THE DRUM

What is it?
I ask you
Why do they love to follow a load of fat around?
I heard the iya ilu drum sound so furiously
At the tick tack movement of her buttocks
She swayed
He beat faster
She shook
He died slowly
She didn't need to dance
All she did was roll
She rolled
He beat faster
She rolled faster
He beat his hardest
She didn't dance
No, all she did was move the enticing fat
The behind she knew they would follow...

The drum refused to stop...
She kept shaking
At a point, it looked like convulsion of the buttocks...
She shook as if a demon was in her
The dundun drum spoke love words to her sumptuous buttocks
It said what the drummer lacked courage to say...
The drum professed love to her buttocks
Her buttocks coyishly replied..

All of a sudden
She stopped
I heard the drum grumble...
As if her buttocks heard..
It began to move again
The drum came alive
This time with a different beat
The buttocks replied with a slower roll

All the while...I wondered why?
Why does a 'pair' of buttocks have the power to render a man and his drum senseless...

Mylipsrsealed...

P.S. To the African men who love 'the buttocks'...

No comments:

Post a Comment