Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Dearest Professor Pat Utomi (Part 1)

Dear Pat Utomi,

Sir, you see it isn't that we do not want to gear up in this generation...da 20s nd 30s..it is just that we have no identity as a whole (I might decide to go into the details in the other letters)...I speak for myself and, maybe a few others when I say..right from my university days when Lecturers thought time would stand still while they went on strike, holding lots of students' futures to ransom, using us to 'deal' with the very deaf or ignorant government under the umbrella of Asuu, I have lost a great deal of interest in the nation' affairs..why would I bother with a nation that isn't interested in educating me? All I wanted was to get out of school, get a job that pays me enough to take care of me and my family (my mum nd my sisters), marry a man who is wise enough to stay out of government issues BUT clever enough to eat out of the national cake, that frankly I am very suprised it hasn't finished...with all the gluttons feasting on it. So you see, all I wanted was to survive...applying one of Charles Darwin's theory called..survival of da fittest.

Now, that Boko Haram,the president, Buhari, IBB, Atiku, and the rest of the power hungry pack have connived and they are hell bent on obstructing my survival..I have no choice than to speak out.

I have just one question for you professor...when are we going to adapt the Jerry Rawlings style, and kill who needs to be killed so I and others in this country can live a peaceful, petroleum trouble free, bomb free, religious bigotry free life? When sir?...

P.s. I am expecting a reply sir...

Till you say something...mylipsrsealed

1 comment:

  1. That "man with a piece of the national cake" bit definitely makes sense. Given the way this country is going, each family needs at least one!
    Make it a prayer point and "we" will pray along with you.
    Of course, we will be wanting the lowdown when (surely) it happens!

    ReplyDelete