Popular Posts

Saturday 7 January 2012

The child in me...you nko?

I am in a mushy mood tonight...so I thought ill share it with every1...no  letters for now...

There are so many things I miss about childhood...wanna hear?
I will tell you anyways...

The child in me
wishes for that time when everything was received and given in Love

The child in me
wishes for the time when everything wasn't so complicated...No strike...no nothing


The child in me misses those days when boys saw me as a friend not a plaything...

The child in me misses the time when love was so simple and beautiful
when it wasn't laced with bitterness, deep pains, and regret...

The child in me misses the time when I didn't have to worry about what to eat, and how to take care of other people, other than myself...

The child in me misses the time when crushes would cause my heart to flutter

The playful child in me misses throwing papers at friends during classes...laughing at teachers who piss us off

Oh...how I miss...the time, when the only thing I had to cry over were strokes of cane not loss of friends or people I hold dear...

I guess what I miss most about childhood is laughter, love undefined, true friendship, and my not having to work so much...ha ha ha

What do YOU miss  about your childhood?


P.S. to those who make me miss the child in me......mylipsrsealed...



I MISS THE CHILD IN ME...Gudnyt everyone...

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely identify with the parts about life being simpler as a child!
    I guess now the thing I miss most would be my dad (he only passed on just over a year ago, but then since we are talking about childhood, he was alive then!)
    Other relations that have passed on!
    The Christmases then where a thing of beauty. We used to go to my home town, where celebration was in the air. People coming and going. The hustle and bustle. Freedom to go exploring all over the place and lots and lots of food to eat. I must say I miss the film "Crime Stories" as well with it's central character Ray Luca (probably misspelled) as well. Other things would be what is now the golden oldies age of Nigerian music (Obey, Sunny Ade, etc)
    Life was so much simpler and less expensive back then! Well, I am sure there are other things as well which will come back to me once I press the "Publish" button, but it's great causing me to go down memory lane briefly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete