Popular Posts

Friday 24 February 2012

TO THE ONE WHO ALMOST BROKE ME....U WISH!!!

Hi people,

So, before I proceed to giving ex number 3 his gift, I want to apologise to you, I read some of my posts today, and I realise I have been making some really bad grammatical errors...oops!!! Gawd have mercy!!! My English teacher during my secondary school days would have beaten the fat out of my skinny body if she had read some of my posts...so, I will like to apologise for the past, and future 'gbagauns' (grammatical errors) I have made, and will make. I will try to be extra careful from now on...okay?

Now, back to the gift I am giving all my EXS...wait... I have some gist for you...an EX called me today asking what I have been up to?...weird right?..I haven't heard from him since forever.....maybe he thinks if he plays nice, I might not write about him...BIG SKINNY LIE, in fact he is the next EX I am sending a gift to...*evil laughter*

Back to ex number 3....have you ever met someone who tried so hard to make you into what you are not? I mean you start taking up habits you never knew you could? You start cooking, cleaning, and running errands while the guy just orders you around. You literally become a house wife without the ring, and commitment included...this particular ex almost made me into what I am not. Don't get me wrong...I am cool with being the good, loving girlfriend who once in a while cooks, cleans and does all the blah blah blah BUT I am not cool with being a doormat...why would you try to make me into what I am not? If you take me from ME...then all you have is nothing...

I left this ex because I looked into the mirror during the relationship, and I didn't know who I saw staring back at me...once you don't know who you are anymore...FLEE from the relationship...like I did...
So, here is to the one who almost broke me in the name of love?

You almost broke me
I laugh in your face now
You deserve an applause
Can we please stand up?
And never sit
In honour of him...
The 'tamer'

You asked me
I answered
Then you made me regret answering
You called
I responded
All in the name of what?
Love???

You never hurt me
At least not physically
But you managed to touch my spirit
You made me into another
You corrected
Not in love
But in silent anger
You gave
Not in love
But to save face

I laugh at myself
When I remember how I used to run helter-skelter
Just to put a smile on your face
I smile..that quivering smile
When I think of your ever moving lips
Always complaining
I hug myself
When I rememember how lonely I was...

Thank you
For making me stronger
With you
I was weak
With you
I was restful
Not the restless spirit
With you
I smiled once in a very blue moon
With you
I loved
Then I hated...
With you
I knew the meaning of using my legs
Because I ran away
As soon as I could

You never lied
Why would you?
To me, everything you said was true
You didn't need to watch your back
I sat at home like a dog
Waiting for its favourite bone
You were happy
I was not
You were comfortable
I was not
You loved the new me
I did not
You...you...you
Never about me...

Can I tell you a single truth?
You are not it...
You have never been it
You may never be it
Except you meet a blind, dumb, non-existing person
Or another you
I no longer loathe you
But I cringe at the idea of you
I pray no on one makes the mistake

Oya, stand up
Smile, and wave
The people are clapping for you
You, who almost broke me...

Mylipsrsealed...

P.S. In honour of Whitney Houston, and others like her...don't be afraid to leave...
You will find another...

No comments:

Post a Comment