Popular Posts

Wednesday 28 March 2012

THE RELUCTANTS...

Hi all,

I am so grateful to all of you that find time to read my blog.

Whew...what I am wearing is still on, my gift to the exs is yet to be finished, and I have other projects that are begging to be executed...I am in my house, and I can't work because I don't know where to start from.
How did I get so choked up with work? I wonder!

The weather is determined to darken every part of me, NEPA is not kind enough to supply electricity...top of that my modem refuses to do the work I paid it do...as if that isn't enough...I keep feeling hungry!!! How am I supposed to work under such gruesome conditions? I am telling you...hard work doesn't thrive in Nigeria...there are too many factors that are against it...

The best solution is to sit back and let God do all the work, once He is done...just take the icing and put it on the cake...and then sell it. Do not forget to give accolades to God though...since He did the work. That's what I do.

On a different note... Do you guys remember Ngozi Iweala?..the woman who backed Jonah during fuel subsidy? You remember her? She is a minister for something...she is supposedly very intelligent? You still don't remember? Ok, maybe this will help. She is the first woman to push a man to become the most cursed president on the internet...now you remember. Well she is contesting for world bank presidency seat! Imagine...she wants to leave Uncle Jonah after pushing him in hot water...I just pity Jonah..if she leaves..he is going to be made into asun (local suya)...*evil laughter*

Anyway, I am not interested in their palaver right now...I just want to tell you a story.

Story...story...story

The title of my story is THE RELUCTANTS...

Enjoy...


THE RELUCTANTS.

These three people wanted to be great...they each had their dreams...they all wanted to be tailors. They went after their dreams and they promised themselves to meet up after three years to measure their achievements

So they embarked on their journeys...

After three years..they got together and only one had become a tailor...why?

I will let each one tell you his/her story.

RELUCTANT No.1

Hello jare everyone,

I am a tailor no matter what anyone says. I can't sow, and I don't know how to cut but I can use my imagination to dress you up. I will draw and you will see. Don't worry, very soon, I will begin to sow...well as soon as I find a master who is worthy of my talents.

Can you imagine? I have worked with five different teachers yet I don't even know how to hem..hiss. It is not my fault at all. I paid them to teach me yet all I got in return were errands...not useful errands like...cut the material or sow the tear in that dress..no o...useless errands like..wash the baby's nappy..go to my house and sweep. Please how are those errands going to help me become a tailor? If you know your child is a waste factory, find him a potty or give him garri so that he will stop shitting in his nappies.

I should have known better than to go to local tailors for apprenticeship...all they do is send their apprentices on errands meant for maids. Anyway, I quit after two years of washing nappies, sweeping, and cursing. I went back home, and I decided to write Jamb...at least if I go to the university..I can learn tailoring in a better environment, I will even apply for apprenticeship in all those Lagos fashion designing institutions...I will try one girl..Lisa Folawiyo abi? Yes! I read about her on the internet.

I hope I pass Jamb sha..Gawd forbid I wash nappy again!!!

I am a tailor not a maid!!!

RELUCTANT No.2

Hi people,

Can I just say this is awkward. I feel so weird. I am the only one who is a tailor amongst my three friends...they seem indifferent but I know better.
I just hope none of them reports me to their witchcraft mothers, I have enough challenges, I don't need anyone doing 'ayamatanga' to me. I am not a prayer warrior and my parents are muslims that don't pray 5 times a day.

Well, God help me. So, how did I become a tailor?

Well, I endured all the pain with my master for two years. I learnt all I could while she was not watching, and then I stole all her customers!!!
Don't look at me like that, I didn't have time to meet people and advertise myself so I used what I had to get what I needed...simple.

I hear she has not stopped cursing me since I got my freedom but I am not moved. I am a tailor and I have my certificate and experience to bear me witness.

I am not going to school so this is my only means of survival. Whoever stands in my way will perish in the lake of hell. I sha Allah!! I am a tailor and I will be the best.

I know these two idiots will still come and work for me...don't tell them I said so..

Education...my foot!!!


RELUCTANT No.3

Hello,

Why am I explaining to you the reason why I am not a tailor? Do you feed me?..ok, since you have a lot of time on your hands to be listening to stories...let me indulge you...

I am not interested in tailoring, I want to be a footballer. However, my grandfather does not believe in football. That is the reason I decided to go for tailoring. I thought I could play football in my spare time. I thought tailoring was easy. Is it not cutting, sowing..yes plus measurement...so, I started working...whenever my oga was not around, I would go and play football...one hour before he comes back, I will go to the shop and start sowing.

He would always ask why the job wasn't finished and I would lie. Nepa was not stable in that area so it was very easy to lie against Nepa...

I thought I was smart, and I knew how to play my cards until the day I forgot to finish a customer's dress and she turned out to be my teammate's mother...well the rest is history..I got thrown out.

I am happy it happened. It was either he threw me out or I started sowing mismatched clothes for his customers.
I am going to MTN's football academy...

Tailoring should go and sit down...

Mylipsrsealed..

P.S. For the 3 little girls I heard gossiping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment