Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 March 2012

SHE SAID...

Hi everyone,

I am telling the same story from another angle...so exciting right? It is a sad story, and I can't do enough justice to it. Every time, I write I make use of my imagination, and my ever expanding knowledge of incidents. I create these characters but I am not sure I really tell their stories well enough...I wish I could breathe life into them so they can speak...I am such a dreamer right?

Well, since I don't have superpowers, please try,and enjoy the work of an ordinary being telling extra-ordinary stories!!!

Enjoy!!!


SHE SAID...

Why did he do it?...was I too friendly? Did I give him signals that made him do it? I specifically turned down his proposals twice...why?...why me?...maybe I was too nice...my dresses are not short or showy..I dress like a lady...so why?

I wasn't nasty to him when we were friends not even when I noticed he had mouth odour. I overlooked it, and I kept my friendship with him. I don't understand where I erred. I was a good neighbour, and friend. I trusted him with secrets I couldn't tell my friends. I guess it is true what they say...' Never trust a man who is too affectionate.'

We did not start as friends...just neighbours who were civil to each other. Every morning, I stepped out of my flat, he was the first person I saw. He always had a smile for me. You know that genuine smile that helps to make a day better...well that was the kind of smile he had every morning. I should have known better...

We became closer after I broke up with my boyfriend. I was so heart broken, and I had no-one to talk with...so, I found solace in his arms. He never blamed me for the break-up. He always blamed my ex, which made me admire him even more. We started to gist daily. I didn't want to overwhelm him with my presence, so, I decided to always go to his flat rather than he come to my flat...foolish me right?

I admired his spirit, and I loved listening to him. He always knew what to say....which is a rare gift. All the men I knew had a problem with timing but he never did. He said, and acted at the right time. I was so comfortable with him, I decided to make him my best friend.

I was not sure he liked girls until he asked me out. I had never seen a girl with him so I assumed he didn't like girls...well he certainly proved me wrong.

I tried to introduce him to a friend after he asked me out but he didn't bother to ask for her number. He was so cold to her, she was mad at me for wasting her time.

I did everything to make him happy. I tried getting him a girlfriend, and he showed no interest.
Where on earth did I go wrong?
Did I annoy him? Did I not make myself clear enough? What did I miss?

Why did he do it?...the coward ****** me...I can't even say the word. He took my dignity. At first I swore never to tell.
I have changed my mind...I am telling everyone who cares to listen...yes...I was a victim...

I believed he was harmless until he showed me that all men are the same...the difference is their colour, race, and background...
I went to him in my time of need, and he took advantage of my vulnerability....I had not been to church in a while but after he did it...I went to church, I cried so hard, the pastor in charge asked me to her office. Thank God it was not a man, I am not sure how I would have reacted. I just sat in the office crying.
It was almost as if she could read my mind, she said ' God will heal you, and take away the pain'

I went home, and I became numb. I thought rape only happened to young girls, who are in school, have useless men in their families, girls who were marked out by other boys, and attacked or girls who suffered in the hands of armed robbers. I never imagined I could go through it. I did not experience it when I was younger so, why now?

I decided to speak because I wanted to humiliate him...I wanted to shame him.

Now, I just want to move to another environment. I don't care if he is sorry. At least I have warned all the girls I know in our area. I am tired of people looking at me with pity. I need some space...I am leaving him, and others like him in the hands of karma...I know he will pay...

Mylipsrsealed...

P.S. Please fight rape in whatever form...

No comments:

Post a Comment