Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 January 2012

...we will walk together....

Movies half of the time dont lie (I am not saying this because I am in the industry)...have u ever seen a muvie where a rich girl finally sees who her friends her after she becomes broke temporarily,...yeah that rich girl would be me...except I don't need to be broke 2 realise who my real friends are...thank God.

I am taking time and space 2 say thank you 2 a friend who said 2 me...'we will walk together'...

What makes this statement so special is the time it was said...you see, my friend said this to me today when the riot around my house was getting nasty, and unnecessarily dramatic. I needed to step out and get something(Mylipsrsealed) that was very important.

SkD said...chill for me... we will walk together.

SKD, U decided 2 walk with me when fear stopped others...Thank you.

I wonder if this is the spirit we have as NIGERIANS during these trying times??...the true bond that makes us all say...WE WALK TOGEHTHER...if it isnt the kind of spirit binding us...wouldn't we rather accept that a bond stronger than us has spoken...#ENDTHESTRIKE

BUT if we (Nigerians) are like my friend, then I say...PUSH HARDER...as long as we walk together...

#occupyNigeria...yes...

Do we walk together in these times?....I don't have an answer...

Mylipsrsealed..

1 comment:

  1. To an extent, I would say yes. On the other hand, it's not necessarily true, since what looks like "together" may just be the well known mass? Herd? Mob? (Can't remember the right term) theory in play. Say for example, the police shoots into a crowd, people get angry, a few throw stones, others join in, before long a crowd baying for blood has the police in full flight. It's possible the crowd may even trample some participants and no one even stops to help. On the other hand, let's believe the best of our fellowmen and hope what we have is the real "together" as you put it.
    That should help see us to the promised land.

    ReplyDelete