Popular Posts

Thursday 5 January 2012

The cost of ignorance

When I am not writing letters, I am laughing at situations...

May I just say that I have suffered in the hands of ignorance one too many times, so, telling this story is not to laugh. at the subject of the story but to generally laugh at the tricks ignorance plays on us, even without us knowing...

Midweek service,

So, my pastor decides to ask everyone in church how they are coping with the fuel subsidy issue...listen to the conversation that went on between him and a church member

Pastor- madam, how much are you selling a small keg of kersosene now, with the recent change in fuel price?

Church member- slightly above 650...around 700naira...still the same price

P- ehn ehn...even with petrol selling at 146 naira

C.M-(Eyes widened, nostrils flared, as if she just realises her lack of knowledge) uhmm..still the same price pastor.

P- okay, that is very good ...keep it up.

After service...same woman now talking to her youngest child

C.M- idowu...as soon as we get home...please inform our customers that the prices have changed, a small keg is now 850 naira... (Pidgin) if they no wan buy, mak they go use firewood...

I couldn't stop laughing, when I heard the stern instructions she passed to her daughter...you see, most times, our ignorance costs us the most valuable yet little things in life...I speak from experience...painful ones...

P.S. All of these dialogue was in yoruba (Nigerian)...

Please do what you must to stay informed.

( A friend of mine just travelled to the north today despite the warnings from BOKO haram...all part of ignorance)


Tell me your story and let's laugh together...till then Mylipsrsealed

No comments:

Post a Comment